Project / Groups
- Bentley Bike Club (10)
- Bentley Bugle (10)
- Bentley Exchange (16)
- Bikes (19)
- Celebrate (15)
- General (83)
- Green Zone (51)
- Greening the Redbricks (81)
- Hulme Street (29)
- Leaf St Community Garden (35)
- Manchester Day Parade (1)
- Minutes (18)
- Other Projects (11)
- People's Kitchen (32)
- Redbricks Intranet Collective (11)
- Redbricks Radio (7)
- Redbricks.org Web Team (3)
- Sewcialise (13)
- Shout Email List (2)
- Spider Park (3)
- Tenants & Residents Association (TARA) (55)
Shout – The Redbricks Email Group for Residents
Tenants and Residents Association
- Bentley Exchange
- Need help?
Tenants Office, 1-4pm Sunday 15th October, 26A Humberstone Avenue (follow the sloped paved path by the bike-shed).
Come and celebrate!
Sunday 17th September 2017, 1-4pm
Procter’s Centre, Hulme Street, M15 5EF
Free/donation – family-friendly event
Part of the 70th Redbricks’ Anniversary celebrations
With food from:
France, Cyprus, Sudan, Egypt, Catalonia, Spain, Scotland, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Liverpool, Manchester, Somalia and more….
There will be food suitable for all: meat, halal, kosher, vegetarian and vegan. No alcohol allowed in building.
Thanks to #BigCelebration (Big Lottery Fund), Unicorn Grocery, and #WeStandTogether
As part of a year-long programme of events to celebrate 70 years of the Redbricks…
Join in with these FREE sewing workshops running once per month until December. The sessions are open to all Rebricks residents, whatever your age or sewing ability.
Bring along a garment, a project or an idea and workshop hosts Stitched Up will help you bring them to fruition! If you’re already a skilled sewist, why not come along for a chat and a cuppa – and maybe share some skills with your neighbours?
Sessions run from 2-4m at the Tenant’s Office on Sundays: 3rd Sept, 1st Oct, 5th Nov and 3rd Dec.
Got any questions about the sessions? Contact Stitched Up on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 881 7141
Welcome to the second season of events and activities, specially organised by volunteer residents for the 70th birthday celebrations of our estate, The Redbricks, AKA Bentley House
More information and links will be added to the calendar below when confirmed. Please keep checking back
- 3rd September: sewing and clothes repairs workshop, 2-4pm, TARA office. More info
- 17th September: World Meal, 1-4pm, Procter’s Centre, Hulme Street. More info
- 1st October: sewing and clothes repairs workshop, 2-4pm, TARA office. More info
- 15th October: craft and costume making workshop, plus pumpkin carving, specially for community Halloween celebration, 1-4pm, TARA office. More info
- 30th October: beginners computer and internet skills workshop, 5:30-7:30, TARA office. More info
- 31st October: Halloween trick or treat adventure walk, and food. Meet at 5:15pm to set off from the TARA office. More info
- 5th November: sewing and clothes repairs workshop, 2-4pm, TARA office. More info
- 6th November: introduction to work skills, 10-11:30, TARA office
- 11th November: film and food night, 7-10:30pm, Hulme Hippodrome & Hulme Garden Centre, Preston Street. More info
- 18th November: fire & music finale and feast, 6-8pm, Hulme Street. More info
- 27th November: beginners computer and internet skills workshop, 5:30-7:30, TARA office. More info
- 3rd December: sewing and clothes repairs workshop, 2-4pm, TARA office. More info
Other regular events:
- 2/3rd September, 7/8th October, 4/5th November, 2/3rd December – The Bentley Exchange, bring what you don’t want and take what you do. More info
- 7th September, 5th October, 2nd November, 7th December – Tenants & Residents Assocation meetings, all welcome. More info
- And look out for the date of our Winter Feast, sometime late December.
Cost: all events are free, except for meals which may be by donation or at a low cost.
Venue note: the TARA office is the tenants and residents association office on Humberstone Avenue, along the path by the outdoor bike-shed.
Thanks to the Big Lottery for financial support, plus Age-Friendly Moss Side and Hulme, Unicorn Grocery and We Stand Together. Thanks to One Manchester for printing. Thanks for workshops and events to the Redbricks Intranet Collective, The Works, Stitched Up, Walk the Plank and Mr Wilson’s Second Liners.
We’re looking for all kinds of food to celebrate the cultural diversity of residents.
It’ll be a fabulous community meal full of neighbours from around the world, and just round the corner.
Please get in touch soon