Useful Links

Here you can find links, maintained by Bentley House estate Tenants And Residents Association (TARA), and emergency phone numbers which we think may be useful to residents on the estate.

Please report broken links, and make suggestions and comments, using, many thanks,

your Bentley House estate Tenants And Residents Association (TARA)



Fire / ambulance / police emergency:   999  (also 112)

Electrical suppliers emergency numbers:   british gas emergency numbers page

Electrical supplier “Electricity North West Ltd” emergency number:   0800 195 4141

Gas – smell or leak:   0800 111 999

Emergencies – related

Fire safety:   manchester fire service   fire service

Police local station – Greenheys, Charles Halle Road, M15 6NP, 0161 856 4432

Police non-emergency: 101

Crimestoppers – report anonymously: 0800 555 111 (e.g. bike theft, heroin use and dealing)



NHS non-emergency medical helpline 111 (replacement for NHS Direct 0845 46 47)

<please supply details for your local doctor’s surgery to for inclusion here, also dentists, and other clinics that may benefit newcomers to the estate – thank you>

The Cornbrook Medical Practice has two surgeries with different phone numbers but they work together: their Boundary Road site (near the Uni Precinct Centre) is on 0161 227 9785, their City Road site (just the other side of Chorlton Road) 0161 872 8129

Dentist: Kemi Noah — near the job centre in that old church 0161 227 7570


Missing People (formerly National Missing Persons Helpline) 116 000 (free of charge)

NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children ) – kids / under-19 helpline 0800 1111 or 116 111 (both free of charge) – to report call 0808 800 5000

The Samaritans – emotional support 116 123 (free of charge)



The landlord City South Manchester Housing   –   the landlord’s details at Companies House

Tenant’s Advice at Citizen’s Advice

Housing Executive housing advice

Leaseholder’s advice

Housing Ombudsman

Find a solicitor  at the Law Society

Tenant’s solicitor, as used by resident on the estate, highly recommended: Ben Taylor. Details:, 0161-2243311 (ask for appointment with Ben Taylor “on a new housing matter”),, bus 53 to Longsight Market

Inside Housing magazine


Bin collection dates – no mention of green bins (in September 2016), feel free to point this out in their feedback – or tell us when it has been added

Bin issues, problems: contact Ruth Billingham at Manchester City Council under – she is something to do with controlling Biffa, the current (September 2016) bin company – has anyone used this?

Get rid of large items (once a year for free, up to three items)


Hulme and Local Area

Hulme Garden Centre,  our local Community Garden Centre and Shop

Birley Fields Community

Hulme Library Mural – background

Council’s “Your Neighbourhood”, e.g. find pharmacies, recycling

Council’s “Report a grid, drain or flooding problem“, e.g. blocked gullies on a public road

Council … but not sure what number or department? Ring town hall switchboard on 0161 2345 000



People’s History Museum

Manchester’s Radical History: Exploring Greater Manchester’s Grassroots History